FULL-TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY COUNTERDRUG (FTNGDCD) TOUR
OPEN TO: Current members of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard
POSITION TITLE: Entry Level Special Projects Specialist
LOCATION OF POSITION: Fort Indiantown Gap, Annville PA
MINIMUM ALLOWABLE GRADE: E1 MAXIMUM GRADE AUTHORIZED: E4
MOS/AFSC: Open (should possess good leadership, speaking, planning and organizations skills)
OPENING DATE: 07 SEP 17 CLOSING DATE: 22 SEP 17
Application must be received in full by close of business 22 SEP 17 to be considered.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Individual must pass urinalysis, service-specific military physical fitness test and height and weight standards, and complete a PHA or equivalent (medically qualified for active duty assignment).
• Must have basic computer skills (email, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
• Must have initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Must possess skills related to organization, flexibility, time management, and problem solving.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Selected by the hiring board with the concurrence of the NCTC NCOIC/OIC and CJTF Commander.
Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualification will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex, or national origin.
• Counterdrug (FTNGDCD) tour from approximately 01 October 2017 until 30 September 2018. Subject to availability of funds.
• Tours may be continued depending on the availability of funding, member’s performance, and our customers’ needs. Urinalysis testing is required upon entry to active duty, and personnel are subject to periodic testing while on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the Army/Air Force SAP.
• While on FTNGDCD orders, individual must maintain satisfactory military membership (i.e., attend inactive duty training, annual training) with their unit of assignment.
• Criminal records checks are conducted on all applicants, and a security screening may be required by supported agencies. Unfavorable results may lead to removal from the CJTF.
• National Guard members participating in the Counterdrug Support Program are required to comply with state laws and with DoD 5500.7-R. Members are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance. Outside employment, associations and off-duty conduct/activities must be consistent with federal directives on ethics and with state and federal conflict of interest policies. Outside employment will require written approval of CDC according to para 8-25 of this regulation.
• The location of the member’s unit of assignment must be within a reasonable commuting distance from the assigned Counterdrug duty station, or the member’s home of record.
The Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force provides skilled National Guard personnel, advanced technology, and superior facilities to support the training of law enforcement and community based organization personnel to respond to the widespread drug threat. More specific information is available at http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Assist with check-ins and check-outs for current NCTC courses
• Help manage NCTC FTSMCS inputs for courses trained
• Ensures course goals and objective are established and met in each course
• Responsible for managing the Keyless fob control system for access to buildings for students.
• Responsible for End-of-Course Evaluation Program, summaries and distribution
• Responsible for assisting NCTC Special projects NCO when needed.
• Responsible for assisting NCTC Resident Training NCO when needed.
• Responsible for assisting NCTC Mobile Training Team when needed.
• Responsible for assisting NCTC Training Coordinator when needed.
• Oversees NCTC dorm room management especially upon checkouts to ensure continuity of all furniture and equipment.
• Additional duties as assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit the following:
• CD Form 2, Personnel Profile Sheet/Commander’s Recommendation
• DD Form 0369, Background Check
• NGB 34-1 AGR Application
• Resume with 3 references
• DA 1058-R, Application
• RPAMS Statement
• Orders Query
• Individual Medical Record (IMR) Printout
• DA Form 705 (APFT Score Card showing last two tests)
• ARNG 1058-1R Checklist
• JPAS Statement
• Last 3 E4-E5 Evaluations (if applicable)
• SF 600 with Pregnancy Test Results (Females only)
Forward application to the Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Attn: SSG Heather Himeback, Building 8-65, FTIG, Annville, PA 17003-5002.
Applications can also be uploaded directly to the PA Counterdrug Joint Task Force website by going to http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
The expected duration of the selection process is approximately 15-30 days after the closing date and includes an interview, required testing, and verification of submitted documentation. Start date may be adjusted to reflect this.