FULL-TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY COUNTERDRUG (FTNGDCD) TOUR
OPEN TO: Current members of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard
POSITION TITLE: Curriculum Developer
LOCATION OF POSITION: Fort Indiantown Gap, Annville PA
MINIMUM ALLOWABLE GRADE: O1 MAXIMUM GRADE AUTHORIZED: O3
MOS/AFSC: Open (must possess background in Planning and/or Military Decision Making Process)
OPENING DATE: 16 APR 2018 CLOSING DATE: 23 APR 2018
Application must be received in full by close of business 23 APR 2018 to be considered.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Individual must pass urinalysis, service-specific military physical fitness test and height and weight standards, and complete a PHA or equivalent (medically qualified for active duty assignment).
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must have extensive experience in Planning and/or the Military Decision Making Process
• Must have initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Must possess skills related to organization, flexibility, time management, and problem solving.
• Must possess a valid PA driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualification will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex, or national origin.
• Counterdrug (FTNGDCD) tour from approximately 01 JUNE 2018 until 30 September 2018. Subject to availability of funds.
• Tours may be continued depending on the availability of funding, member’s performance, and our customers’ needs. Urinalysis testing is required upon entry to active duty, and personnel are subject to periodic testing while on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the Army/Air Force SAP.
• While on FTNGDCD orders, individual must maintain satisfactory military membership (i.e., attend inactive duty training, annual training) with their unit of assignment.
• Criminal records checks are conducted on all applicants, and a security screening may be required by supported agencies. Unfavorable results may lead to removal from the CJTF.
• National Guard members participating in the Counterdrug Support Program are required to comply with state laws and with DoD 5500.7-R. Members are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance. Outside employment, associations and off-duty conduct/activities must be consistent with federal directives on ethics and with state and federal conflict of interest policies. Outside employment will require written approval of CDC according to para 8-25 of this regulation.
• The location of the member’s unit of assignment must be within a reasonable commuting distance from the assigned Counterdrug duty station, or the member’s home of record.
The Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force provides skilled National Guard personnel, advanced technology, and superior facilities to support the training of law enforcement and community based organization personnel to respond to the widespread drug threat. More specific information is available at http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Develop, review, research and prepare course content for the Mission Planning and Military Decision Making Process courses, ensuring they meet the course goals and objectives.
• Work with working group members and other subject area experts to develop syllabi for the new courses to meet needs for Law Enforcement and Homeland Security.
• Additional duties and special projects as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit the following:
• CD Form 2, Personnel Profile Sheet/Commander’s Recommendation
• DD Form 0369, Background Check
• NGB 34-1 AGR Application
• Resume with 3 references
• DA 1058-R, Application
• RPAMS Statement
• Orders Query
• Individual Medical Record (IMR) Printout
• DA Form 705 (APFT Score Card showing last two tests)
• ARNG 1058-1R Checklist
• Security Clearance Verification Memorandum (provided by Unit Security Manager)
• SF 600 with Pregnancy Test Results (Females only)
Forward application to the Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Attn: SSG Heather Himeback, Building 8-65, FTIG, Annville, PA 17003-5002.
Applications can also be uploaded directly to the PA Counterdrug Joint Task Force website by going to http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
The expected duration of the selection process is approximately 15-30 days after the closing date and includes an interview, required testing, and verification of submitted documentation. Start date may be adjusted to reflect this.