FULL-TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY COUNTERDRUG (FTNGDCD) TOUR
OPEN TO: Current members of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard
POSITION TITLE: Civil Operations Specialist
LOCATION OF POSITION: Pittsburgh, PA; Philadelphia, PA
MINIMUM ALLOWABLE GRADE: E3 MAXIMUM GRADE AUTHORIZED: E6
MOS/AFSC: Open (Individual must possess extraordinary organizational skills and patience)
OPENING DATE: 08 FEB 18 CLOSING DATE: 28 FEB 18
Application must be received in full by close of business 28 FEB 18 to be considered.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Individual must pass urinalysis, service-specific military physical fitness test and height and weight standards, and complete a PHA or equivalent (medically qualified for active duty assignment).
- Must be able to utilize computer programs and software.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must possess skills related to organization, flexibility, time management, and problem solving.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess excellent public speaking skills as well as interpersonal and social skills.
Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualification will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex, or national origin.
- Counterdrug (FTNGDCD) tour from approximately 01 May 2019 until 30 September 2019. Subject to availability of funds.
- Tours may be continued depending on the availability of funding, member’s performance, and our customers’ needs. Urinalysis testing is required upon entry to active duty, and personnel are subject to periodic testing while on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the Army/Air Force SAP.
- While on FTNGDCD orders, individual must maintain satisfactory military membership (i.e., attend inactive duty training, annual training) with their unit of assignment.
- Criminal records checks are conducted on all applicants, and a security screening may be required by supported agencies. Unfavorable results may lead to removal from the CJTF.
- National Guard members participating in the Counterdrug Support Program are required to comply with state laws and with DoD 5500.7-R. Members are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance. Outside employment, associations and off-duty conduct/activities must be consistent with federal directives on ethics and with state and federal conflict of interest policies. Outside employment will require written approval of CDC according to para 8-25 of this regulation.
- The location of the member’s unit of assignment must be within a reasonable commuting distance from the assigned Counterdrug duty station, or the member’s home of record.
The Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force provides skilled National Guard personnel, advanced technology, and superior facilities to support the training of law enforcement and community based organization personnel to respond to the widespread drug threat. More specific information is available at http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Maintain current job training which may require travel in and out of state.
- Act as a conduit for anti-drug coalitions to outside organizations, coach coalitions to achieve optimal performance and facilitate coalition meetings.
- Offer community anti-drug coalitions with assistance in the Strategic Prevention Framework model to include making community assessments, building logic models, planning for sustainability and determining the best methods of evaluation.
- Provide leadership development in support of youth anti-drug coalitions.
- Assist with the development of new coalitions. This will include strategizing and public speaking.
- Submit a Weekly Plan Worksheet in advance and report daily for accountability purposes.
- Report activities into NGB’s online database within 1 week of completing the event.
- Other duties as assigned
- Additional training and travel may be required
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit the following:
- CD Form 2, Personnel Profile Sheet/Commander’s Recommendation
- DD Form 369, Background Check
- NGB 34-1 Application
- Resume with 3 References
- DA 1058-R Application
- RPAMS Statement
- Individual Medical Record (IMR) Printout
- DA Form 705 (APFT Score Card showing last two tests)
- ARNG 1058-1R Checklist
- Last 3 NCOERs (if applicable)
Forward application to the Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Attn: SFC Heather Himeback, Building 8-65, FTIG, Annville, PA 17003-5002.
Applications can also be uploaded directly to the PA Counterdrug Joint Task Force website by going to http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
The expected duration of the selection process is approximately 15-30 days after the closing date and includes an interview, required testing, and verification of submitted documentation. Start date may be adjusted to reflect this.