FULL-TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY COUNTERDRUG (FTNGDCD) TOUR
OPEN TO: Current members of the Pennsylvania Army/Air National Guard
POSITION TITLE: Investigative Case Analyst
LOCATION OF POSITION: Philadelphia, PA; Allentown, PA; Wilkes-Barre, PA; Scranton, PA; Erie, PA; Montgomery Co., PA
MINIMUM ALLOWABLE GRADE: E2 MAXIMUM GRADE AUTHORIZED: E6
MOS/AFSC: Open (Must possess extraordinary organizational skills)
OPENING DATE: 08 FEB 19 CLOSING DATE: 28 FEB 19
Application must be received in full by close of business 28 FEB 19 to be considered.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Individual must pass urinalysis, service-specific military physical fitness test and height and weight standards, and complete a PHA or equivalent (medically qualified for active duty assignment).
- Must have advanced computer skills.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must possess skills related to organization, flexibility, time management, and problem solving.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess the maturity needed to work in stressful situations.
- Must possess a valid PA driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and hold a "Secret" or "Top Secret."
Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualification will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex, or national origin.
- Counterdrug (FTNGDCD) tour from approximately 01 May 2019 until 30 September 2019. Subject to availability of funds.
- Tours may be continued depending on the availability of funding, member’s performance, and our customers’ needs. Urinalysis testing is required upon entry to active duty, and personnel are subject to periodic testing while on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the Army/Air Force SAP.
- While on FTNGDCD orders, individual must maintain satisfactory military membership (i.e., attend inactive duty training, annual training) with their unit of assignment.
- Criminal records checks are conducted on all applicants, and a security screening may be required by supported agencies. Unfavorable results may lead to removal from the CJTF.
- National Guard members participating in the Counterdrug Support Program are required to comply with state laws and with DoD 5500.7-R. Members are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance. Outside employment, associations and off-duty conduct/activities must be consistent with federal directives on ethics and with state and federal conflict of interest policies. Outside employment will require written approval of CDC according to para 8-25 of this regulation.
- The location of the member’s unit of assignment must be within a reasonable commuting distance from the assigned Counterdrug duty station, or the member’s home of record.
The Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force provides skilled National Guard personnel, advanced technology, and superior facilities to support the training of law enforcement and community based organization personnel to respond to the widespread drug threat. More specific information is available at http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Prepare all-source intelligence products to support the drug-law enforcement agency
- Assist in establishing and maintaining systematic, cross-referenced intelligence records and files
- Process incoming reports and messages
- Assist in determining the significance and reliability of incoming information
- Assist in the analysis and evaluation of intelligence holdings to determine changes in narcotics distributor’s capabilities, vulnerabilities and probable courses of action
- Assist in assembling, proofreading, and consolidating all intelligence reports
- Store and retrieve intelligence data using all available data base programs and computers
- Produce descriptive narcotic distribution maps and chart diagrams
- Analyze crime data to forecast the day, time, and place a crime is likely to occur and to prevent it from happening
- Link and chart suspects to criminal organizations or events to determine who is doing what with whom
- Establish criminal profiles that include prior crimes and criminal relationships to aid in making a connection between members and the organization
- Use telephone toll analysis to plot telephone activity to determine the size and location of criminal groups and individuals involved
- Study the suspect’s assets to determine the flow of money going in and coming from the targeted group
- Other duties as assigned
- Additional training and travel may be required
- First two months of employment will require training at FTIG and offsite locations
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit the following:
- CD Form 2, Personnel Profile Sheet/Commander’s Recommendation
- DD Form 369, Background Check
- NGB 34-1 Application
- Resume with 3 References
- DA 1058-R Application (Army Only)
- RPAMS Statement (Army Only)
- Individual Medical Record (IMR) Printout (Army Only)
- DA Form 705 (APFT Score Card showing last two tests) (Army Only)
- ARNG 1058-1R Checklist (Army Only)
- JPAS (Army Only)
- Last 3 NCOERs (Army Only, if applicable)
- Point Credit Summary (Air Force Only)
- Copy of last two PT test results from AF Portal (Air Force Only)
- Current Duty information page from vMPF (Air Force Only)
- Individual Medical Readiness Status page/printout from ASIMS section of AF Portal (Air Force Only)
Forward application to the Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Attn: SFC Heather Himeback, Building 8-65, FTIG, Annville, PA 17003-5002.
Applications can also be uploaded directly to the PA Counterdrug Joint Task Force website by going to http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
The expected duration of the selection process is approximately 15-30 days after the closing date and includes an interview, required testing, and verification of submitted documentation. Start date may be adjusted to reflect this.