FULL-TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY COUNTERDRUG (FTNGDCD) TOUR
OPEN TO: Current members of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard
POSITION TITLE: Engineer Support Team Member (various positions)
LOCATION OF POSITION: Fort Indiantown Gap and Greater Harrisburg Area, PA
MINIMUM ALLOWABLE GRADE: E1 MAXIMUM GRADE AUTHORIZED: E5
MOS/AFSC: Open (Individual must possess extraordinary organizational skills and patience)
OPENING DATE: 13 FEB 2020 CLOSING DATE: 16 MAR 2020
Application must be received in full by close of business 16 MAR 2020 to be considered.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Individual must pass urinalysis, service-specific military physical fitness test and height and weight standards, and complete a PHA or equivalent (medically qualified for active duty assignment).
• Must have basic computer skills (email, PowerPoint, Word).
• Must have initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Must possess skills related to organization, flexibility, time management, and problem solving.
• Must possess the maturity needed to work in stressful situations.
• Must possess a valid PA driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation (security clearance a plus).
Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualification will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex, or national origin.
• Counterdrug (FTNGDCD) tour from approximately 01 APR 2020 until 30 September 2020. Subject to availability of funds.
• Tours may be continued depending on the availability of funding, member’s performance, and our customers’ needs. Urinalysis testing is required upon entry to active duty, and personnel are subject to periodic testing while on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the JNGSAP.
• While on FTNGDCD orders, individual must maintain satisfactory military membership (i.e., attend inactive duty training, annual training) with their unit of assignment.
• Criminal records checks are conducted on all applicants, and a security screening may be required by supported agencies. Unfavorable results may lead to removal from the CJTF.
• National Guard members participating in the Counterdrug Support Program are required to comply with state laws and with DoD 5500.7-R. Members are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance. Outside employment, associations and off-duty conduct/activities must be consistent with federal directives on ethics and with state and federal conflict of interest policies. Outside employment will require written approval of CDC according to para 8-25 of this regulation.
• The location of the member’s unit of assignment must be within a reasonable commuting distance from the assigned Counterdrug duty station, or the member’s home of record.
The Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force provides skilled National Guard personnel, advanced technology, and superior facilities to support the training of law enforcement and community based organization personnel to respond to the widespread drug threat. More specific information is available at http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Must have the skills and ability to operate heavy equipment to assist with tearing down nuisance drug trafficking homes owned by local, state, and federal housing authorities.
• Must have working knowledge of power and hand tools to safely assist with boarding-up nuisance drug trafficking homes owned by local, state, and federal housing authorities.
• Must have the skills and ability to safely operate a FMTV military truck within city limits.
• Must PMCS team equipment daily and weekly.
• When needed, assist with the renovation of properties owned by community based organizations to improve the quality of life for members of that community.
• Must possess the qualities needed to be integrated into a hardworking and demanding team environment.
• Other duties as assigned
• Additional training and travel may be REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit the following:
- CD Form 2, Personnel Profile Sheet/Commander’s Recommendation
- DD Form 0369, Background Check
- NGB 34-1 Application
- Resume with 3 references
- DA 1058-R, Application
- RPAMS Statement
- Individual Medical Record (IMR) Printout
- DA Form 705 (APFT Score Card showing last two tests)
- ARNG 1058-1R Checklist
- JPAS Memo/Statement
- Last 3 NCOERS (if applicable)
Forward application to the Pennsylvania Counterdrug Joint Task Force, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Attn: SFC Heather Himeback, Building 8-65, FTIG, Annville, PA 17003-5002.
Applications can also be uploaded directly to the PA Counterdrug Joint Task Force website by going to http://pacdo.counterdrug.org/index.php/employment.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
The expected duration of the selection process is approximately 15-30 days after the closing date and includes an interview, required testing, and verification of submitted documentation. Start date may be adjusted to reflect this.